INSTRUCTOR: GINA NORTON
Gina Norton, our Course Director at Advanced Skin Support, mission is to teach anyone interested in Microblading Eyebrows incorporating her own technique she has developed through basic training by some of the best in the industry! Gina has traveled around the US in 2016 attending courses of many educators to develop techniques to bring to her training courses. Advanced Skin Support has grown and we have changed our curriculum to a 2-day course and is offered at our new facility in Bismarck. We are proud to say that we provide a small class size of 4 students to make sure each student gets hands-on experience and when you leave we offer 4 hours of FREE support after the class, because we realize this is when most questions come up.
Tuition Cost $3,000
This Fundamental Course is designed to transform a brand new student into a knowledgeable and skilled Microblading Technician. Students who take this course will graduate with the understanding and confidence in performing Microblading (hairstroke) eyebrows.
In addition Advanced Skin Support wants to maintain the integrity of Gina Norton as an educator and provides you with an “enhanced understanding of proper safety precautions including the use of sterilization kits, sanitation and the avoidance of cross-contamination.” This is crucial for your personal protection and the protection of your clients for any technician working within the industry.
Who can get certified to do Microblading?
- You must be 21 and older
- You must have a valid ID
- Proof of Health Department License ($100) and address where you are going to practice
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine
- Blood Borne Pathogens test/certificate
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A LICENSED COSMETOLOGIST OR ESTHETICIAN IN CERTAIN CITIES AND BISMARCK IS INCLUDED IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO PRACTICE IN BISMARCK, NORTH DAKOTA YOU CAN CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT NUMBER FOR BISMARCK IS 701-355-3400 THE CONTACT PERSON IS ANTON SATTLER.
Advanced Skin Support has the right to refuse training to anyone that doesn’t meet the requirements.
Fundamental/Basic Training Course Curriculum
Overview of Microblading
Sterilization and Sanitation
- Avoiding cross-contamination
- Proper cleaning, disinfecting
- Sterilization requirements
- Proper disposal of sharps container and bio-hazard waste
- Client profile-analyze character traits and client selection, discussion of client expectations
Medical History/Client Information Form
Identify Potential Problems for Microblading
- Determine when a physician review is advised
- Obtaining medical clearance
- Liability Issues
- Model Release
General equipment, treatment room, necessary supplies
- Discussion of acceptable forms of sterilization vs disposable equipment
- Disinfectants and antiseptics: proper housecleaning
- OSHA and CDC guidelines regarding bloodborne pathogens
- Avoiding cross-contamination
- Technician Safety – handwashing, Hepatitis B vaccination, gloves, masks
- Proper handling of devices, needles and pigments
- Sanitary measures during procedure set up and clean up
- Pre- Procedure care
- Preparing the clients skin: Marking the skin
- Effective Anesthetic
Color and Pigment Theory
- Understanding the Color Wheel
- Discussion of how skin undertones and pigments work together
- Pigment mixing and storage
- Discussion of skin layers
- Healing process of skin and skin care
- Determining undertones of warm and cool complexions
- Appropriate needle selection and applications for various effects as hair simulation, shading, soft powdery finishes, etc.
- Storage and disposal
- Client follow-up
- After-care instructions ; ointment
- Discuss facial morphology and variations in facial shapes
- Discuss eyebrow designs; practice
- Proper eye stretching techniques for safe application
- Work on practice pads
- Watch demo prior to student application on live models
- Students will perform on 2 models (students should provide model however, if you cannot we will provide you models but you must let us know if you need a model).
- Basic business and marketing guidelines
- Client expectations
Prior to starting class, we are providing a link for you to obtain an online Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate. This website is provided by OSHA, is a separate fee, and is required by the State of North Dakota.
Upon receipt of your non-refundable class fee your space will be reserved in our small class size of 4 maximum students
We allow and encourage our students to bring their own live models for training, however, they must first be appoved by class instructor.
Following successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
All supplies are included for students for training you will be given suggestions of where to purchase supplies to get started.