fresh not fake
what is botox®?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein used to block nerve impulses & temporarily relax muscles that cause wrinkles. BOTOX has been available since 1989, and was approved for cosmetic use in 2002. What is BOTOX® cosmetic used for? BOTOX® cosmetic is primarily used for treatment of wrinkles. Only dynamic wrinkles can be treated with BOTOX®. These are wrinkles that become prominent with facial movement. These areas are commonly treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Glabellar (“frown lines” between the eyebrows)
- Forehead lines
- Crows Feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- Lateral mouth frown (down-turned corners of the mouth)
- Brow Lift
- “Bunny Lines” (area on each side of the upper nose)
- Chin (to remove the “orange peel” look)
what should i expect at my appointment?
A BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment consists of an assessment of each individual’s facial anatomy, discussing the client’s concerns, mapping the landmarks for injections and treating the areas appropriately. Typically, the entire procedure will last about 15-20 minutes. Small bumps are usually present at injection sites and last anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours.