INSTRUCTOR: GINA NORTON
This Fundamental Course is designed to transform a brand new student into a knowledgeable and skilled Facialist. Students who take this course will graduate with the understanding and confidence in performing microneedling treatments to address aging, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles as well as an overall firming facial treatment utilizing tools up to .5mm for cosmetology use or 1mm in a medspa setting. We use and recommend the Bio Jouvance stem cell therapies as well as ampoules for optimal results based on client concerns. You will be taught how to do a thorough consultation, skin analysis, and product recommendation for continued results. Being knowledgeable and using the correct tools sets you apart and will add another dimension to your ability to provide a higher standard of skincare treatments.
Fundamental/Basic Training Course Curriculum
Overview of Skin Anatomy
Recognizing underlying issues that correlate with restructuring the skin and creating an injury to the epidermis to stimulate collagen and elastin production for repairing. Microneedling acts as a vehicle for product penetration up to 400% more effective than other modalities by creating channels.
- Client profile-analyze character traits and client selection, discussion of client expectations
Medical History/Client Information Form
- Identify potential contraindications
- Determine when a physician review is advised
- Obtaining medical clearance
- General equipment, treatment room, necessary supplies
- Discussion of acceptable forms of sterilization vs disposable equipment
- Disinfectants and antiseptics: proper housecleaning
- OSHA and CDC guidelines regarding bloodborne pathogens
- Avoiding cross-contamination
- Proper handling of devices
- Sanitary measures during procedure set up and clean up
- Pre- Procedure care
- Preparing the clients skin
- Discussion of skin layers
- Healing process of skin and skin care
Advanced Microneedling Treatments
- Clinical Peels (different types)
- LED Light Therapy
- Radio frequency
- High frequency
- Client follow-up
- After-care instructions and daily skin care regimen
Discuss Skin Analysis and Individualized Client Treatment
- Watch demo prior to student application on live models
- Students will perform on 2 models (students should provide model, however, if you cannot we will provide you with models but you must let us know in advance).
- Basic business and marketing guidelines
- Client expectations
Upon receipt of your non-refundable class fee, your space will be reserved in our small class size of 4 maximum students
We allow and encourage our students to bring their own live models for training, however, they must first be appoved by class instructor.
Following successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
All supplies are included for students for training. You will be given suggestions of where to purchase supplies to get started.